Second Dynasty, Warring Gods.
The second phase of royal history, Dynasty 2, is more mysterious than the first. From 2850 – 2700 BCE, a shadow fell across the land: economic and climate disruption, rebellions and even civil war. In the midst of disorder, a legend tells of two gods who fought for the throne and soul of Egypt…
- Time period: 2850 – 2700 BCE.
- Kings: Peribsen, Khasekhemwy.
- Notable sites: Saqqara, Abydos
- Direct Download (Save As mp3)
- Select Bibliography
- Erik Hornung, Conceptions of God in Ancient Egypt: the One and the Many, 1996 (Amazon).
- John Romer, A History of Egypt: from the First Farmers to the Great Pyramid, 2013 (Amazon).
- Toby Wilkinson, Early Dynastic Egypt, 2001 (Amazon).
- David Wengrow, The Archaeology of Early Egypt, 2006 (Amazon).
- Robert Wenke, The Ancient Egyptian State, 2009 (Amazon).